- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- Entry is open to residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 18 years or older. Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with this promotion, the participating outlets and their immediate families, and winners of the 2017 Royal Canin Breeders Club Promotion, are ineligible to enter. "Associated companies" includes without limitation, the agents and contractors of the Promoter that are involved in: (a) the promotion or development of the promotion; and (b) the manufacturer or distribution of the Promoter's products (“Eligible Entrants”).
- By entering the promotion individuals represent that they are eligible to enter the promotion based on these Terms and Conditions.
- The promotion commences at 12.01am AEST(Aus)/NZST(NZ) on 01/05/2018 & closes at 11.59pm AEST(Aus)/NZST(NZ) on 30/06/2018 (“Promotion Period”).
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
- be or become a Royal Canin Breeders Club member;
- purchase 15kg or more of food products in one (1) transaction from the Royal Canin ProShop at www.breeders.royalcanin.com.au (for residents of Australia) or www.breeders.royalcanin.co.nz (for residents of New Zealand) as the case may be (“Qualifying Purchase”); and
- ensure that their Royal Canin Breeders Club account details including ‘Breeding Details’ of the My Account section are completed and up to date (“Personal Information”),
- Eligible Entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry in the promotion for each 15kg of food products they purchase in a Qualifying Purchase. For example, if an Eligible Entrant purchases 100kg of food products in a Qualifying Purchase, they will be awarded six (6) entries in the promotion and if an Eligible Entrant purchases 75kg, they will be awarded five (5) entries in the promotion.
- Any costs associated with accessing the promotion entry site are the entrant’s sole responsibility and are solely dependent on the internet service provider used.
- Incomplete, ineligible, indecipherable or incorrect entries (as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion) are not eligible to win.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entrants including, but not limited to, requiring an entrant to provide appropriate photo identification or other documentation required by the Promoter to verify their identity, age, eligibility to enter the promotion and claim a prize (if won) and compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If the items required by the Promoter are not received or an entrant has not been verified to the satisfaction of the Promoter within the time period required by the Promoter, the entry(s) submitted by the entrant will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants can only enter the promotion in their own name, using their own Royal Canin Breeders Club membership.
PRIZE DRAWS & PRIZE INFORMATION
- All electronic prize draws will be conducted at Prime Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel St, South Yarra, VIC 3141 (“Draw Location”) at 12 noon AEST on 13/07/2018 (“Prize Draws”).
The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in the Prize Draws and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or if a prize is not claimed in accordance these Terms and Conditions (“Reserve Entries”).
- There will be two (2) separate Prize Draws conducted, one (1) for each of the following categories:
- Dog Breeders – Australia and New Zealand;
- Cat Breeders – Australia and New Zealand;
Entries will be allocated in to a Prize Draw depending on the Eligible Entrant’s breeder category (cat or dog) as determined by the information in the Eligible Entrant’s Royal Canin Breeders Club account.
- The first valid Eligible Entrant drawn in each Prize Draw will each be awarded a “Dog Breeder Prize” as defined in paragraph 15 or “Cat Breeder Prize” as defined in paragraph 16 (in accordance with the draw category) each valued up to $10,000 RRP (including GST) (“Prize”). Prizes are valued in AUD.
- The Dog Breeder Prize is a trip for the winner and a nominated companion (aged 18 years or older) to the American Kennel Club National Championship 2018, including:
- Return economy flights for the winner and their nominated companion from the winner’s nearest Australian state/territory capital city or New Zealand major airport to Orlando, USA, valued at up to $5,600 (including GST) in total;
- Seven (7) nights minimum 4-star accommodation (twin share) in Orlando valued up to $2,200 (including GST);
- Two (2) day pass to the American Kennel Club National Championship 2018 valued up to $200 (including GST);
- $2000 spending money, awarded to the winner only in the form of a pre-paid VISA Card (or any form of payment, at the absolute discretion of the Promoter),
(“Dog Breeder Prize”).
- The Cat Breeder Prize is a trip for the winner and a nominated companion (aged 18 years or older) to the Cat Fanciers Association International Show 2018, including:
- Return economy flights for the winner and their nominated companion from the winner’s nearest Australian state/territory capital city or New Zealand major airport to Cleveland, Ohio, valued at up to $5,600 (including GST) in total;
- Seven (7) nights 4-star accommodation (twin share) in the destination city valued up to $2,200 (including GST);
- Two (2) day pass to the Cat Fanciers Association International Show 2018 valued up to $200 (including GST);
- $2000 spending money, awarded to the winner only in the form of a pre-paid VISA Card (or any form of payment, at the absolute discretion of the Promoter),
(“Cat Breeder Prize”).
- The Dog Breeder Prize must be taken over the time of the American Kennel Club National Championship 2018 which is from 11th – 16th December 2018.
- The Cat Breeder Prize must be taken over the time of the Cat Fanciers Association International Show 2018 which is from 13th – 14th October 2018
- The travel itinerary for a Prize is to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Prize participants must be aged 18 years or older.
- All aspects of a Prize (including travel and accommodation) are for two (2) people travelling together at all times.
- Travel is subject to availability at all times and may be dependent on select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with the accommodation provider. The travel itinerary for a Prize is to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of a Prize.
- Prize participants must be in possession of a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months’ validity from the date of the participant’s return to Australia or New Zealand, as the case may be, and be able to travel to the destination country during the relevant travel period designated above.
- Any costs incurred in sourcing or renewing visas and/or passports are the responsibility of the Prize participants.
- Prizes must be taken as stated. Prizes cannot be exchanged for other travel, flights or accommodation at other destinations. All components of a Prize must be taken together as a single trip to be booked by the Promoter. Once a Prize is booked, no changes can be made.
- Prize participants must hold a valid credit card and present it on check in at the accommodation establishment/s, to cover any incidental hotel charges (including, unless otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions, but not limited to, all meals, spending money, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls and all other ancillary costs).
- A Prize does not (except as expressly stated) include:
- any transport between a traveller’s residence and the departure airport;
- any overnight accommodation while travelling to the departure airport or destination;
- any other travel or accommodation;
- any incidental accommodation charges (such as mini-bar charges, telephone calls, in house movies, food and beverages);
- any insurance (such as travel or health cover), however the Promoter requires the Prize participants cover themselves with travel insurance valid for travel to their destination country. Receipt of insurance for both persons travelling must be supplied to the Promoter prior to travel. Should a Prize winner or their travelling companion fail to take out travel insurance, the Promoter will require them to sign a waiver prior to travel;
- any other spending money, meals or ancillary costs which may be incurred by those travelling.
- Prize participants are responsible for compliance with any health, passport, visa and other requirements for entry into the destination country, any country en-route and for return to Australia or New Zealand, as the case may be (“Entry Requirements”).
- Prize participants are responsible for making themselves familiar with, and following, the Australian Government's travel advisory and consular assistance advice available at www.smartraveller.gov.au or the New Zealand Government’s travel advisory and consular assistance advice available at www.safetravel.govt.nz as applicable.
- Participation in a Prize is subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by those involved in providing other goods or services included in the Prizes (“Third Party Terms”).
- Prize participants are responsible for compliance with all applicable Third Party Terms and bear all risks associated with failure to comply with any of them. They will be required to maintain an acceptable standard of behaviour while a participant in their Prize. The Promoter assumes no liability (and will provide no compensation) to a Prize winner and/or nominated companion who, as a result of any failure to comply with any Third Party Terms:
- is unable to participate in a Prize (or any part of it); or
- is refused entry into any country; or
- suffers any other loss or damage.
- In the event that for any reason a Prize winner and/or their nominated companion do not take an element of a Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the Prize winner and/or nominated companion and compensation will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the Prize.
- As a condition of accepting a Prize, the winner and companion must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize providers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Prizes cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged, or promoted as an incentive or reward by any third party as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter into any commercial or other arrangements with that third party. If a Prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
- Winners will be notified by phone and email and their name and postcode will be advertised on www.breeders.royalcanin.com.au (Australian winners) and www.breeders.royalcanin.co.nz (New Zealand winners) from 20/07/2018.
REDRAW/S (IF ANY)
- If the Cat Breeder Prize remains unclaimed at 11.00am AEST on 13/08/2018 a replacement winner will be allocated from the Reserve Entries for the relevant Prize Draw. If there are no available reserve entries from the relevant Prize Draw, a re-draw will be conducted at 12 noon AEST on 13/08/2018 at the Draw Location from all remaining eligible entries received in the relevant Prize Draw, subject to any directions given by the relevant lotteries or gaming authorities (“Cat Breeder Prize Re-Draw”).
- If the Dog Breeder Prize remains unclaimed at 11.00am AEDT on 15/10/2018, a replacement winner will be allocated from the Reserve Entries for the relevant Prize Draw. If there are no available reserve entries from the relevant Prize Draw, a re-draw will be conducted at 12 noon AEDT on 15/10/2018 at the Draw Location from all remaining eligible entries received in the relevant Prize Draw, subject to any directions given by the relevant lotteries or gaming authorities (“Dog Breeder Prize Re-Draw”).
- The Cat Breeder Prize Re-Draw winner/s (if any) will be notified in writing and by phone and advertised on www.breeders.royalcanin.com.au and www.breeders.royalcanin.co.nz from 06/09/2018.
- The Dog Breeder Prize Re-Draw winner/s (if any) will be notified in writing and by phone and advertised on www.breeders.royalcanin.com.au and www.breeders.royalcanin.co.nz from 08/11/2018.
- Total prize pool is valued at up to AUD$20,000 (including GST) for Australia and New Zealand.
- A limit of one (1) Prize may be won per person (excluding residents of South Australia).
- Each Prize must be taken as stated and may not be varied. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- If for whatever reason the specified Prize, or component of a Prize, is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize/prize component of equal or greater value subject to the directions by relevant lotteries or gaming authorities.
- All costs associated or arising in connection with a Prize are the responsibility of the respective Prize winner.
- Prize value is correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a Prize. No responsibility is accepted for any tax obligations which may arise for a Prize winner. The Promoter recommends that independent financial advice be sought.
- The Promoter, the Promoter's related entities and all agencies associated with the promotion are not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or participating in a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. To the extent permitted by law, liability is limited to the cost of replacing a Prize/benefit won.
- If more than one person attempts to claim a Prize, the Promoter has sole and absolute discretion to determine which of those persons the winning entrant is.
If an entrant has any questions regarding their privacy or should their Personal Information change during the Promotion Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. Entrants should use the online contact form or other contact details available at http://www.mars.com/australia/en/about-mars/contact-us.aspx for any questions regarding their privacy. Entrants should follow the links at www.breeders.royalcanin.com.au (for residents of Australia) or www.breeders.royalcanin.co.nz (for residents of New Zealand) to update their Personal Information in their Royal Canin Breeders Club account.
- how entrants may access their personal information that is held by the Promoter and seek correction of such information; and
- how entrants may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered privacy code that binds the Promoter, and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint
- The Promoter may disclose entrants' Personal Information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion and as required, to Australian or New Zealand regulatory authorities.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet these Terms and Conditions and/or any person who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, including but not limited to the utilisation of techniques designed for making multiple entries, or for submitting an entry that is otherwise not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By providing your entry you consent to the Promoter using your personal information to determine whether any tampering or attempted tampering with the entry process has occurred.
- A claim for a Prize by a participant will be subject to security and verification checks.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any technical problems or other malfunctions which may occur in relation to internet, network or network congestion, including problems with the transmission of entries or injury or damage to a participant or their computer related to entry in this promotion. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information caused by an entrant or occurring during transmission.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or entries not received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the promotion, Prize winners agree to the use of their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph/s and in all material incorporating the photograph/s.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by the relevant regulatory authorities), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information caused by an entrant or occurring during transmission. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, telephone or computer network, or lines, servers, or telephone or internet providers, traffic congestion on any phone or computer network, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s handset or computer related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this Promotion. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- The Promoter is by ROYAL CANIN AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, ABN 88 092 020 178, L10, 15 William Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000 (“Promoter”).
Authorised under Permit Numbers – NSW LTPS/18/22602, ACT TP 18/00426 & SA T18/367.